Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Last days of Summer

It is hard to believe that tomorrow is the LAST day of August. Seriously, where has the time gone? Before we know it, it will be FALL! That is one of my most favorite seasons. Of course, living here in Arizona, I have had to adjust my ideals about fall. We don't cool down here during the day until close to the end of October. Our nights cool off and mornings a little earlier, but the days are still warm. We run our cooler until the end of October, sometimes into November. And the leaf color isn't as amazing. The best we get is yellow. But, I still love fall.
Yesterday the girls were desperate to climb a tree. So desperate times call for desperate measures....
I noticed that they were having difficulty getting up, so I suggested they grab the step stool over at the trampoline, and try to get up the tree that way. They took my advice.....
 Here is Miss Angel Cake, the only one to get up in the tree. She is truly the monkey around here. I just love this picture of her!
Our now one year old!
Strawberry Shortcake, and all her 7 years and missing two front teeth!

 Boys.....are they ever clean? Do they ever stay clean? Not around here!
 Gingersnap giving up on trying to climb the tree!
 See all those mosquito bites? They are brutal this time of year! She decided to give it one more shot!
 Now big sister is going to try!
 She decided she'd rather pose for a picture with baby brother!
 This is Huckleberry's favorite thing to do right now. Sit on the trike and go backwards, or get up and push it around. He will push this trike around, but trying to take any steps on his own? Forget about it!
 Sigh....these days are going by too fast. My heart is slowly breaking.....
Yet, what joy they bring all at the same time!

No comments: