Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thankfulness

Last night I put in a request to my public library to hold Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. I will hopefully have it in my hands by Friday. I cannot wait to read it. I discovered her blog a couple of months ago, and have been so blessed by it. God has granted her an amazing gift! And so, I thought I would link up to her post, and add my things for the month of August, so far, that I am thankful for....

1. smell of coffee brewing in the morning
2. pages of my Bible turning
3. a well worn, well loved book
4. little girls laughing together
5. sleeping next to him
6. sheets hanging on the line
7. curtains fluttering in the breeze
8. pattering of hands and knees as baby crawls
9. cool mornings
10. chattering toddler
11. rainbow in the sky, just when I need a reminder
12. rain soaked earth
13. answered prayer-a quick response no matter how feebly prayed
14. beautiful worship music on a cloudy morning

It's been a great practice, every morning, to sit and think about something I am thankful for. There are so many little ways in which God tells us He loves us everyday. No matter the day, He is there, telling us He loves us, drawing us close to Him. We just have to open our eyes to see it.

http://www.aholyexperience.com" target="_blank">http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff162/annvoskamp/multitudesonmondaysbutton2-1.jpg" >

3 comments:

Susan Beth said...

Welcome to the list making! You will love the book!

Laura said...

Thank you! I just got the book from the library yesterday and am already on chapter seven! I am really enjoying it!

the joyful potter said...

Just lovely, Laura! For the minutes it took to read it, I was there. Thanks for the peaceful interlude. Makes me want to go cut the wires for a few days of quiet....!