Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just another day....

June 15th was the "official" start to the monsoon season here. I say monsoon with tongue in cheek because I know the rest of the world thinks of monsoon as devastating storms...we call monsoon season out here the time when we get our rain. Pretty much the rain for the year. Yes, we average only 8-10" of rain year. Crazy, isn't it? Where I grew up got that in almost three weeks during May.

The kids got up from their naps and we could smell the rain in the air. There was distant thunder and the excitement grew...would it rain? Would it? My girls started doing their rain dance, hoping it would come.

And then it started to sprinkle. The kids ran outside and danced in the sprinkles. I wish I could have caught that on camera, but I was feeding a hungry baby. But here are some afters....




 I love this picture of Alaina. That song "I'm singing in the rain" comes to mind!

Landon sporting his diaper and rubber boots. Yes, that's how we roll 'round here during monsoon!


Storm in the distance. This is one of my favorite times of year here. Actually, it's my favorite time of year. Because we live in the valley, we have a great view of the storms coming over the mountains.  You can actually see several different storms at once from the porch. Here's to our first rain of the season.  I am just praying the rain comes to Colorado........

No comments: