Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bath time

Anne is not a real big fan of her bath....yet. But I am sure that will change soon. I love how sweet smelling a freshly bathed baby is! There is nothing quite like it.

 Here is Grandma holding her in the sink. Bathing Anne has become a two person job because she arches her back and pushes against the sink, making it hard to hold onto her and wash her at the same time.


"Okay mom, I've had enough!"

  Once she bathed and dried off, I put lavender lotion on her, and we also dab some lavender essential oil on the bottom of her feet, and I also put frankincense essential oil along her spine. She smells so good once she's all done! And once Anne is finally dressed and snuggled, she calms right down and is usually ready to go to bed shortly after. This has become a great bedtime routine.

It's hard to believe our baby girl will be a month old in less then a week! The time has just been flying by. I still am waiting for life to fall into a routine. It usually takes about six weeks, so I still have two weeks to find it! ;)

I have been rereading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp (LOVE her. If you don't read her blog, you need to), and "The Mission of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson (LOVE her as well). It's been a good reminder to slow down and look for the gifts, however the "ordinary", and also to remember my ministry to my family and what that should look like.


2 comments:

the joyful potter said...

Your essential oils sound lovely! Is the frankincense on the spine just for your enjoyment or does it have an aromatherapy (or other) benefit?

Laura said...

My midwife told me it helps with everything, and according to my essential oil book, that is right. It helps with everything. It helps with emotional balance and the immune system, which is why I use it. The lavender on the feet helps with relaxation and sleep. :)