Friday, October 1, 2010

Firsts of Fall

I wanted to share some pictures I got this morning of harvest. It is full swing here at our house. I love the smell of the corn in the air. Here are some action shots of Nate and my father in law, Ray, working this morning.







 And here are some pictures of Landon. He has started smiling and I wanted to try and capture it. Unfortunately, baby doesn't cooperate during a photo shoot and flash those handsome smiles, like he does at his five in morning feedings!

 Big sister is trying to get him to cooperate here. She doesn't quite understand that he is not ticklish yet...and doesn't think this is lots of fun.


 Aren't we done yet, Mom?
 Here is all of our crew (minus me...somebody has to take the picture!) Our future farmers of America!
 I still haven't mastered the art of getting everyone to look at the camera at the same time. I think it might be a few years until this happens!


 Larissa took this shot of me and my papoose in his moby carrier. I really like this thing. It is a little awkward getting into it at first, but one you get the hang of it, it's great. And it's really good on my back. Which is kind of important!

 Running home. It seems like southeast Arizona hasn't gotten the memo yet that fall is here. It's still in the low 90s. But this was our morning. I cut off some cornstalks and tied them to my porch posts and we got some pumpkins the girls are going to paint. We don't carve here because it's still warm and the pumpkins just rot. Plus I have a lone chicken around who might decide to eat the pumpkin if it's carved and that would mean we'd have some disappointed chicks around here! I want to find some mums and marigolds to plant yet, and then maybe I'll show my fall display. Have I mentioned lately that I just heart fall?

No comments: