Monday, August 5, 2013

The boy turns three

Three years ago today, I woke up about 3 in the morning with contractions about five minutes apart. Emotionally I was a mess. My parents had come out and my dad had to go home the day before. He just missed meeting his grandson by 24 hours. Nate got up with me. We set up the birthing pool, took a walk and got ready for baby. About 5:30 I called my midwife and told her my contractions were 3-4 minutes. She said she would get ready and head out. Our girls were up about 6:30. My mom helped get them breakfast and dressed. By this time, my contractions were strong enough that I had to stop and breathe to get through them. At 7 my midwife came, my mom left with the kids and it was time to do the hard thing! About 9 I got in the tub because my lower back was hurting. I was feeling a little unsure about my labor because my contractions weren't really consistent. About 9:45 I had Stephanie check me. She broke my water and just after 10, Landon came into this world. He was huge! At least for me. He weighed in at 9 lbs, 3 oz. I guess that's what happens when you are NINE days late!!!

I couldn't imagine our family without him. Boys are daring, destructive, and loud. But he loves to be read to, prayed for, and firmly says, "Mommy, I luf you...kiss my lips." Sigh. Love him.
Happy Birthday, Son.

No comments: