Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Daybook for Thursday


Outside my window..... I see glorious white, puffy clouds, building into storm clouds...hopefully bringing us a "gentle" rain today.

I am thinking....how beautiful a still house is...not an empty house, but still, where everyone is resting, taking a break, refreshing themselves. I am also thinking that we will be starting school in a month and where did the summer go?????

I am thankful for.....a sturdy home from the blowing winds, air conditioning for humid days, a morning run, children willing to help (at least today)

From the learning room.....waiting on schoolbooks to arrive...science, history, oh the fun of opening the boxes. The girls have been doing 4 pages of workbooks everyday and reading to keep some things fresh. We finished Little House on the Prairie and have moved onto the The Banks of Plum Creek. And the missionary book on Adoniram Judson. 

From the kitchen....canned peaches with my sweet sisters a little more then a week ago, still have strawberries to make jam with in my freezer, made fudge with Nutella and it was super yummy. Used coconut oil for the first time today..

I am reading.....I just finished Brennan Manning's Furious Love,  Gloria Furman's Glimpses of Grace, and now am reading What is a family? by Edith Schaeffer and a book by Timothy Keller. Can't remember the title. Yes, I am on a reading kick right now. 

I am hoping.....for a good year of crops, health, remembering life isn't an emergency, there is time to get all that "needs" to be done and to know the difference...

I am hearing.....the music from "A Holy Experience", Ann Voskamp's blog on my computer. I like to listen to it when it's quiet....and the sound of my husband's diesel pickup going down the road (smile)

Around the house...oh dear! Projects, projects! Grass is growing, kids play area needs done, landscaping, and the list goes on! :)

One of my favorite things....a cup of coffee in the late afternoon to help me push through the remainder of the day...(decaf or else I can't sleep at night)

A few plans for the rest of the week....some cleaning, laundry, reading, Awana meeting, family night at church, baptism service Sunday, my husband and I teaching children's church...busy, but good weekend in sight.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing....


No comments: