Thursday, May 6, 2010

Something new

I was reading a new blog that I have found and she has something on there called "A Daybook". I thought the idea behind it is really interesting. It's a series of sentences that you finish with your own thoughts. So I thought I'd try it today.....

For today  May 6, 2010
Outside my window...the breeze is blowing, the hummingbirds are fighting over the feeder, the dog is stretched out for an afternoon nap in the sun, and my roses are blooming
I am thinking....how I love to watch the curtains flutter in the breeze, how I should be getting my girls up from their naps, but the quietness of the house is so nice!
I am thankful for....a man who has a purpose and is driven. He is such a hard worker, and I am so blessed to have him, for healthy children, a home, a porch swing, fresh air, clean water, a new day, grace
From the learning room... we are almost finished reading the Wizard of Oz in school. It was the first time I had ever read the orginial piece of literature. And it was quite different then the musical.
From the kitchen....I made cobbler this morning with fresh blackberries....and fresh lemonade! YUM! And lunch was prepared in my trusty crockpot. Oh, how I love thee! I love days where the meal seems to make itself.
I am reading....Take Three, by Karen Kingsbury. I've had it for months and am finally sitting down to read it.
I am hoping....that my children will grow up loving Jesus. Totally. That has really been on my heart lately, just thinking about the future and what our kids will be when they grow up.
I am hearing....praise music playing softly in the background, the fan that is on in the living room because it's kind of stuffy, but I am refusing to turn on the cooler yet, and the sound of my oldest playing. She woke up!
Around the house....I am wanting to plant some flowers outside, spread some beauty around, finish organizing the baby's room, and wash off my porch.
One of my favorite things....sitting outside early in the morning, drinking a cup of coffee, watching the sun come up over the mountain and the smell of fresh cut hay!
A few plans for the rest of the week....attending my nieces school program tonight, walk for life on Saturday, Mother's Day Sunday!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...I need some time to think about this one. The creative juices are just not flowing at the moment!

On a side note, just had my 28 week appointment yesterday. I had to get my finger pricked to check my blood for gestational diabetes. Which, I am glad to report, is not a problem! I just can't believe that now I am going to be going every two weeks! It feels like this has just flown by. Of course, June hasn't arrived yet in all it's hotness, and then there's the humidity of monsoon season to look forward to. But just the same, time keeps marching on!
My mom and dad have the plane tickets to come the last day of July, and I am so excited. I knew they were coming, but the fact that they have their tickets means it's for sure! Now we just have to pray that baby comes on time, and not overdue!!!!

No comments: