Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Can we say nesting phase?

My brain has been keeping me up at night, insisting that I need to repaint my kitchen, mainly my backsplash and cabinets. yes, I know this is a lot of work, and yet my brain would not let me rest. So, here is the project I am starting.....








Here is a glimpse of my hardworking husband on the phone! :) And the backsplash was stained wainscoting, and I am now painting it Malibu Sand.


The island I am not sure about. I don't know if I should paint it the color of the backsplash, or the color of the cabinets, which will be a cool tan color. I have to pick that up tomorrow at Lowe's. My husband just shakes his head at me, like "do you realize how much work this will be?" Yes and no. About halfway through I will hate myself and want to quit. But if I don't do it, I will sit and look at my cabinets and think how much better they would look if I had painted them. I can't win! I will show you the cabinet color over the next few days. Besides, I gotta fill my evenings with some project while the husband is trucking, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura - just a thought - don't think I'd paint the island because if little one sit on the chairs and put their feet on the island, you will be able to see scuff marks, etc....I think the project sounds great.....

Landis said...

Do it!! More power to ya! You'll be happy you did and it will look like a brand new kitchen! I like the idea of painting the island the same color as the backsplash. (Love the wainscoting by the way!) It makes it look fresh. However it is nice to have contrast of color with the island and the countertop. Since your countertop is already white maybe the bottom would look best with the tan you will use on the cabinets. What ever makes you sleep better at night. HAPPY PAINTING!! :)