Friday, May 14, 2010

What we've been up to.....

I have some pictures I've been wanting to upload for a while, and I am finally getting to it. Here's a little of what we've been doing around here the last couple weeks....



Larissa turned six. This is our little family get together to celebrate. She loves to smile for the camera....and I am not sure about that little nixie smile of her sister's! What's Alaina thinking??


She told me that afternoon she wanted a swather on her cake....only a farm girl! And I told her very quickly that she asked way too late, and mommy isn't talented enough to do stuff like that! :)



Here are the rest of the girl cousins, watching Larissa blow out the candles.

And then here is our new addition to our farm. Yes, we bought a yellow semi. Nate's dad calls it the "bumblebee", I think I prefer "yellow jacket"...it sounds a little tougher, don't you think? Nate came in on a Saturday night around five and asked if I wanted to take a trip to Kansas to pick this up. We left at 3 am the next morning. Nothing like a little advanced notice, right? And all the girls came along too. They are AWESOME travelers.


Here's our flower bed I planted last weekend. As you can see, there is one gerber daisy that didn't make it. But there is a little green leaf coming up, so I am going to keep it there and see if something new starts growing. I need to mulch it yet, and then it will look prettier.


One of the gerber daisies the girls picked out. I just love the color. They are so pretty!


And we also added these. We had 23 meat birds before good friends of ours relieved us of 13 of them! Thank you Mike and Emily!!! Now we only have 10 to butcher in about a month!



Here is one of our peach trees. We are actually going to get some peaches this year!! I am so excited.


And here are the sunflowers the girls planted, as a "science" project for school. I can't wait for them to bloom. Sunflowers are some of my FAVORITE flowers! So, this is a little bit of what we've been up to. Spring is here and the weather is finally warming up. Now if only my allergies will stay at bay until after the baby is born and I can medicate myself!!!!

No comments: