Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The zoo and other random thoughts

Yesterday we ventured up to Tucson and took the kids to Reid Park Zoo. The kids had a great time. It was big enough for them to see lots of different kinds of animals, yet small enough that they could walk the whole thing and not be complaining about being tired. There were lots of mature trees, offering plenty of shade, which is much needed in Arizona in June.  Here are a few pictures of the excursion.......














Devin, my nephew. Doesn't he have the best smile?


The girls oohing and ahhing over some animals. Don't you love Larissa's face? It's like she's just getting ready to bark out some orders. And I can say that because I am a firstborn too, and know what it's like to want to be in charge.

Salma, checking out the animals in her super cool hot pink sunglasses.


back of an anteater

my little chickies


All the grandkids getting ready to ride the train with Grandma

The kids all crammed into the cabin.....

leaving Grandma to ride in the caboose all by herself!

Kody, discovering his fingers

trying to capture a picture of everybody.  Larissa is taking this photo, and unfortunately, she cut off Hanna's head!

Here's my apron girl. She has been obsessed with aprons the last three weeks. First thing every morning she comes to me with an apron and she wears it everyday. Seriously. It's been to the bank, the grocery store, even to the zoo yesterday. The only place she hasn't worn it, is to church. And that's because I ask her to take it off. It does keep her clothes clean, though! But she's wearing them out and I am thinking I might have to make some more!



No comments: