Saturday, August 11, 2012

When it hurts...

I have been soaking up my little baby days. They will be gone too fast. And it hurts. I feel such a finality that this little baby, our Anne Noelle, will be our last.  It's bittersweet. I am looking forward to the days ahead, of watching our children grow....grow in stature, grow in maturity, grow in wisdom, grow their faith...make it their own. But a snuggly baby, that smell, that soft skin....will be missed. And so, I have been busy, being mom, wife, cook, teacher, organizer, bookkeeper.....and the list goes on. But I am trying to remember to live IN each moment, to be PRESENT in whatever I am doing. So that's a little of the reason why I haven't been writing much. If you have the choice between writing or snuggling this one.....I mean really, what would you choose? (grin)


I have also been reading some really good books....which once I have time to flesh out my thoughts on them, I will. But just so you know, I have recently read, Radical by David Platt and Seven by Jen Hatmaker. I also have the Irresistible Revolution up next and a book called the Seven Sacred Pauses. Book review coming in the future....maybe!

But for now, here is a Day Journal......

Outside my window...... are puffy white clouds over the mountains, warm breezes, and golden sunshine

I am thinking.... of how I will arrange our house, once it's ready, paint colors, lighting fixtures, and how overwhelming the whole process is!

I am thankful for......my family, healthy children, my husband, a God who is faithful even when I am not...

From the learning room..... praying over our new school year, and figuring out what we will learn, and when we will learn...what with a toddler who is forever getting into something, and a new little one..

From the kitchen.... finding a granola bar recipe to use the granola mix I got this morning

I am reading..... The Irresistible  Revolution and Seven Sacred Pauses and How to Make a Nature Journal

I am hoping..... to be obedient in all the Lord tells me, to encourage my kids to do the same, to love my husband and children more, and to follow hard after Jesus....

I am hearing..... the children playing, the air conditioner and peaceful music on Pandora...

Around the house.....I am slowly packing up for the move, whenever that is!

One of my favorite things....waking up in the morning and he hasn't left yet for work!

A few plans for the week....making cookies, washing the suburban, mowing the yard, making baked oatmeal for the morning, finish reading Little Women aloud, sweet sleep!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



1 comment:

Rachel Kathryn said...

This is a really lovely post, Laura. Thanks for sharing! I too am missing the "babyness" that is slowly fading with my little one. Just want to cling onto it a bit longer, but also appreciate all of the newness that he is discovering for himself. Hang in there! ;)