Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Daybook

Yes, I am still here….I can't believe how the months have flown by. Here's a little of what's going on in my corner of the world…..

Outside my window….the corn is growing as high as an elephant's eye (know that musical?), my flowers are blooming, and the grass is green!

I am thinking….of all the activities we have tonight….piano lessons for three, a 4-H meeting, and worship team practice, and what am I going to do for supper?

I am thankful for….line dried sheets on the beds, healthy children, letters from two of our sponsored kids, my hard working farmer

From the learning room….I am reading some books on social justice and the Christian faith and how they are connected

From the kitchen….just made peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies - yummy!

I am reading….Good News to the Poor and Nurturing the Nations

I am hoping….it was will rain again - soon

I am hearing…. the radio and my children outside playing nicely, along with the intermittent crying and lashing out

Around the house…my floors need swept, my floors need washed, my stove needs cleaning, but the sheets are clean!

One of my favorite things….freshly mowed yard

A few plans for the rest of the week…we have a big surprise for the kids and I CANNOT wait!!!!

Here is a  picture thought I am sharing…..

This boy…be still my heart…turned 4 yesterday! Four years old. Where did the years go? I still remember pulling him up to my chest, all 9 pounds, 3 ounces of him after delivering him. I see so much of my dad in him…his smile, the way his eyes crinkle up and almost disappear, his laugh and his mischievous ways. There are no words to describe how full he makes my heart.


No comments: